Phase I – Expression of interest
Candidates are required to fill out an online application form outlining the idea and providing information about the business and the team
The candidates either
- already know the solution to their challenge and know exactly which know-how, IP, or technology they require or
- work on an idea, but are not yet sure which technology they want to use
- Here you can find information about CERN’s technology, know-how and intellectual property.
Requirements to applicants can be found here
- Phase II – Business plan and pitch presentation
All applications get reviewed and a selection of the most eligible business concepts are invited to participate in Phase II. At this stage, they present a business plan and pitch it to a selection Committee.
All invited candidates get:
- feedback on their project
- business development and technology coaching with our experts
- one-to-one technology and business consultations with experts from CERN.
- Phase III – Funding and launch of business
The winner(s) of the program will receive a one-time cash award of EUR 20,000 and, non-monetary benefits such as licensing agreements with CERN, business and technical support, as well as an awareness boost.
The winners will be included in the incubation programme of Sofia Tech Park and receive continuous support from business advisors and the Laboratory Complex.