The Bulgarian Business Incubation Centre (BIC) of CERN Technologies aims to bridge the gap between science and industry. Through its Incubation program, it supports start-ups and small enterprises in implementing CERN’s innovative technologies and in transforming them from technical concepts into ground-breaking products or services.
Phase I – Expression of interest
Candidates are required to fill out an online application form outlining the idea and providing information about the business and the team
The candidates either
- already know the solution to their challenge and know exactly which know-how, IP, or technology they require or
- work on an idea, but are not yet sure which technology they want to use
- Here you can find information about CERN’s technology, know-how and intellectual property.
Phase II – Business plan and pitch presentation
All applications get reviewed and a selection of the most eligible business concepts are invited to participate in Phase II. At this stage, they present a business plan and pitch it to a selection Committee.
All invited candidates get:
- feedback on their project
- business development and technology coaching with our experts
- one-to-one technology and business consultations with experts from CERN.
Phase III – Funding and launch of business
The winner(s) of the program will receive a one-time cash award of EUR 40,000 and, non-monetary benefits such as licensing agreements with CERN, business and technical support, as well as an awareness boost.
The winners will be included in 24-months-long incubation programme and receive continuous support from business advisors and the Laboratory Complex at Sofia Tech Park .
Requirements to applicants
- The companies must be at most five years old, or not yet incorporated
- In case the applicant is an individual before signing the Incubation Contract the applicant shall register a legal entity at the Bulgarian
- Commercial register and register of non-profit legal entities
- Submit their application for Phase I
- The Applicant shall communicate in the English language
- Accept the BIC Terms and Conditions